Friday, June 26, 2009

That God May Open To Us a Door

"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the Word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account for which I am in prison--that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak."
Colossians 4: 2-4 ESV

Written by Tiffany Edwards:

Paul did not ask for prayer concerning his release, his health or anything else of that nature. He simple asked for prayer in regards to more opportunities to share Christ through his imprisonment. God does not call us to pretend as though we are not in pain or as though all is perfect in our little worlds. But He does call us to give thanks in all things and as we express our gratitude to Him and to those around us, the more others will be encouraged through our pain and through our heartache thus bringing glory to God. As a result, this will give us a platform to share Christ and to bring glory to the God that reigns above all things and above all schemes of man.

Father, I pray that I, like Paul, would see the value of my trials and the many opportunities that you give us because of our trials. Teach me how to pray that I may learn to see beyond my humanity to the heart of God who holds all things together. Give me a grateful heart, that rather than curse the one that crushes me, I will praise the God that lifts me up. May I see Your hand at work today in all things Lord, and may I have the heart to praise You for all you are going to do in me and through me regardless of the means by which You will use. Thank You that You are a God of circumstance and that in everything there is cause to praise You. Bless Your name oh Good and Wonderful God!

(Written by Tiffany Edwards)

No comments:

Post a Comment