Saturday, June 13, 2009

He Waits to Be Gracious

"Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him." Isaiah 30: 18

Written by Tiffany Edwards:

As you read through the 30th chapter of Isaiah, you will quickly realize that the nation of Israel (to whom the chapter is referring to) are 'stubborn children', a rebellious people, lying children, unwilling to hear instruction, unwilling and unwanting to hear about the Holy One of Israel. Yet, God continues in the same chapter and the same breath to extend His mercy--His undeserved, unmerited favor, upon a people so unaware of their desolation without it. As I look at my life, I am so aware of the fact I do not deserve grace this morning. Despite my stubborn, selfish ways, God still chose to meet me here this morning and encourage my wayward heart with His principles. May your heart be encouraged in knowing that although we are sinful, stubborn and at times unwilling, our God of mercy and grace is there, waiting and longing to be gracious. Blessed are those that long for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment