Friday, June 5, 2009

Praying Psalms

"Yet I am always with you. You hold me by your right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire beside you. My heart and my flesh may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...

As for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of your deeds."

-Psalm 73:23-28

Oh the POWER in praying scripture... Speak it. Pray it. Declare it.

Psalm 73 is a great scripture to pray:

Lord I praise you that you are always with me- holding and guiding me with your counsel. Lord I desire your counsel and guidance above all else. Would you drown out every other voice and distraction, that my spirit can clearly discern your leading in decisions we are facing.

I praise you that I can search this world over and find that there is nothing greater, nothing that satisfies like you. Be my greatest desire Lord. What does it mean for you to be the strength of my heart? Teach me by your Holy Spirit what this looks like for you to be my strength. Right now I need your strength in.....

As for me, it is good for me to be near God. Near You. Living in the Spirit and in continual communication with you. Oh I want this more than I want my next breath. Not only is life meaningless apart from you, but I am just steps away from the nearest pit when I am not in the closest of proximity to You. Your word says in John 15 that when I abide in you not only will I bear fruit for your glory, but I can ask whatever I want and will see answered prayer. This is fullness of life... This is freedom... This is the blessed life.

Today be my refuge and loose my tongue to praise You for your goodness & faithfulness to me. Let me praise you, praise you some more, and when I am done praising you... continue on praising & exalting my God. For you are the One who has set my heart free.






No comments:

Post a Comment