Monday, May 11, 2009

Who He Says I Am

Why is it so crucial that we know who we are in Christ? Because we will act on what we believe. Knowing we have an enemy who actively seeks to undermine the value God has placed on our lives & the awesome plans He has for us when we are abiding in Him, we must be all the more actively & intentionally filling our minds with the truths of God's word- What He says about us, our purpose, our destiny.

"If my Father says something about me, even if I cannot see it yet, I can rest assured it is so... and begin to put on that truth... and walk in it. I can no longer blame someone else for how I view myself. I cannot make the old excuse 'that is just the way I am', because it is no longer 'the way I am'. I take back the stolen ground by simply being in relationship with my Father. His holy genes are not part of my inheritance from Him. I must simply stand and be who He says I am."

-Dennis Jennigan, This Is My Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment