Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Greatest Sacrifice

This Sunday as we celebrate Mother's Day and all the love, joy, & sacrifices that go into being a mother, there is one sacrifice worth pondering. In a message by John Piper, he says this:

"When you think about yourself as a parent & your love for your child, imagine pulling your sweet child into your lap and saying 'You know I love you right? Well I have a mission for you my precious child. I have some enemies who hate me & deserve to die. In order to keep them from dying & to offer them hope, I am going to have YOU take their place.' When you think about God.... remember this. When you think about the Bible....remember this. Despite anything else you might get hung up or confused by as you read God's word, remember that fact. "

We could not imagine that as parents. Yet this is what the God of this universe did. He sent forth His Son to die the death we deserved so that sinful man could be given fullness of life & eternity in heaven.

His sacrifice brought fullness of life & hope. Are you living in it? We ought not waste such a precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment